How Do Heat Packs Work?
Hug Heat packs are a therapeutic remedy used to apply heat to an area affected by pain, helping you feel better, and reducing the need for medication. Hugs are great because they are wearable, adjustable and hands-free, they can be worn under clothing, and can even be used cold!
Heat therapy has been proven in many studies to be more effective pain relief than many over the counter medications.
You can use your Hug over and over, hot or cold, by simply heating in the microwave or cooling in the freezer to a temperature that suits you.
Using Hug hot is super easy, here's how it works:
We suggest using Hug Hot for:
- Heat therapy is usually more effective than cold at treating chronic muscle pain or sore joints caused by arthritis
- Neck or back pain, especially for low back pain relief
- Abdominal pain relief due to cramping and period pain
- Endometriosis and Adenomyosis pain
- Nerve pain such as sciatica or fibromyalgia
Hug is usually best used cold for:
- Recent injury
- Surgery recovery
- Migraines, headaches (especially as the pack blocks light when worn over eyes)
Some types of pain can benefit from combination hot and cold therapies; if you want more in depth detail on how heat and cold therapy works we have a blog post about just that!